Thread: Sirius-XM renewal

Blog Entries

Sirius-XM renewal

I just got a bill from Sirius-XM to renew my car radio for a year for $248. I called and told them to cancel, they of course countered with several promotions. We went back and forth and the final offer, which I accepted was $60 for the same level of service.
    Clearly it pays to negotiate with them.
    Dennis

I just finished my 3 month free trial. The made several offers by mail and a phone call but never offered anything close to that.
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

I routinely get the $4.99/month offer but we don’t care for the service. They’re relentless with the mailers and calls though. Good luck getting them to stop. Took us 6 requests to stop and a suggestion of legal action. Then it stopped.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I just got a bill from Sirius-XM to renew my car radio for a year for $248. I called and told them to cancel, they of course countered with several promotions. We went back and forth and the final offer, which I accepted was $60 for the same level of service.
    Clearly it pays to negotiate with them.
    Yes it does, we have the service in two vehicles and I do the same thing with them. I never give them a credit card number and pay the $2 paper billing fee. I also talked them into a two year subscription so I don't have to haggle with them every year. They have a strange business model. If they offered everyone a subscription at $60 they would get a ton more subscribers than they will ever get when asking $248 for the exact same service.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Yep. I have gone as far as to cancel my service. Shortly after, I received a "follow up" call asking for the reason for my cancellation. I told them I wan't willing to pay XX dollars a day for the service. They countered with what value did the service have to me and re-opened my account at that rate.

Sirius came bundled on our 4Runner's audio package when we bought it in 2016. Like, we had it for a few months, it went away, and I never thought anything of it since I don't really listen to it. Then, in June of this year, I mysteriously started getting free music for a few days (was driving through some part of TX with no interesting radio channels and happened to hit Sirius by accident). Like the first time, soon forgot about it. Then, out of the blue, I start getting all these spam emails from then: "Confirm your email, action required, blah, blah, blah..." It's not spam: They mention my 4Runner in the email but I never signed up for anything. Sent to the junk file. They must be desperate. Use Spotify for music or listen to podcasts when I'm driving there days.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

New vehicles with satellite radios come to you with 6 months or sometimes a year of free service, then they start in on you to renew. They run free access every now and again for a week or two weeks.

They keep adding channels, which just further compresses all their offerings rendering the audio quality well below HD radio transmission which is free. Satellite radio started out being a good idea, and they've just steadily degraded it in the name of more diverse offerings. When the product is lower quality than regular radio, why bother? And if I'm paying, I don't want to hear ads or dj's blathering on and on.

But it is the super aggressive marketing they pull that just totally seals it for us - they do not know when to quit.

Yes, with Spotify or Slacker, who needs it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Sirius came bundled on our 4Runner's audio package when we bought it in 2016. Like, we had it for a few months, it went away, and I never thought anything of it since I don't really listen to it. Then, in June of this year, I mysteriously started getting free music for a few days (was driving through some part of TX with no interesting radio channels and happened to hit Sirius by accident). Like the first time, soon forgot about it. Then, out of the blue, I start getting all these spam emails from then: "Confirm your email, action required, blah, blah, blah..." It's not spam: They mention my 4Runner in the email but I never signed up for anything. Sent to the junk file. They must be desperate. Use Spotify for music or listen to podcasts when I'm driving there days.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    ...it is the super aggressive marketing they pull that just totally seals it for us - they do not know when to quit....
    I literally JUST received this email, LOL...

E7680DC6-78B5-4D52-82AF-E2943190CD18.jpg
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep