Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surviving a Kitchen Remodel

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    None of you guys have an RV?
    That was my parents thing...but isn't mine. I do hotels when I travel.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My rebuild/remodel was finished about 3 weeks ago, and I'm soooooooooo glad I can have my own food again. But yes, at the beginning we went to Ye Olde Warehouse Club and got a stack of 500 paper plates and a box of plastic cutlery, and made do with the toaster oven, pressure cooker/crock pot, microwave, and grilling out. The problem is honestly in making well rounded meals, because you're (at least we did) have to compromise as to what we could realistically fix and not have to deal with leftovers.

A lot more salad can be in play here, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    None of you guys have an RV?
    Yep. When we remodeled, our sub association was kind enough to let us keep our 33' Winnebago next to our garage for a month while we finished up. Built all my cabs ahead of time, had a builder friend do the bamboo floor, ceiling drywall and crown molding.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 10-19-2019 at 9:35 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

We did a complete kitchen remodel 15 years ago. It was 6 weeks of microwave cooking with an occasional electric skillet or crock pot. Lots of take out and paper plates. We had a camper at the time, but Montana is not the plate to use on in the winter. We kept our dish washing to a minimum as all we had was the bath tub.

Good luck. Plan now for delays as something will come up and it is better to be mentally prepared for a week or two delay.

~ 8 months while we gutted the main level, all new solid hickory flooring. bought the cabinets unfinished and painted ourselves. removed walls, moved stove and fridge. we had a folding table with a toaster oven and cheap hotplate, and a waffle iron. its amazing what you can cook in a waffle iron! we did not even have a microwave for a while. finally broke down and got one. did this while both working full time+. we also installed a laundry sink in the basement where we had the kitchen set up.

toaster oven was the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Suggestions?
    Go on a vacation.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night