As with everyone else, as I get older I need reading glasses. For me, it is actually worse since I had lasik surgery on my eyes 15 years ago. My far vision is great, but up close is worse than it would have been.

My challenge is finding the kind of glasses I like. I was buying mine at Wal-Mart, but as is normal, the buyers take a good product and change it so it does not work as well. I always buy the ones with normal hinges. Now, the only ones I can find have the flexible, or spring hinges. Why does it matter? Pretty simple. I wear the glasses on top of my head 70% of the time so they are always available. 80% of the time I do not have a shirt pocket, so pushing them up on my head is the best place. Spring hinges do not hold tight enough for them to stay in place.

Does anyone now where I can find glasses without the spring hinges? I have looked on line and cannot find any but spring hinges. I prefer the metal ones and cheap ones too. I break/scratch or coat with lacquer so go through 2 - 4 per month.

Thanks