Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop Dado Brake Issues - Any Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Hi Patrick,
    If I had your saw, I would go ahead and order both of them. Just get it done and get back to making some parts. You can always use the extra one for spare parts down the road.
    David
    I was just about to do that. Called support to make sure I was ordering the correct cable and the guy on the phone asked the problem. He said it's the brake and don't bother with this cable, that if it works with a reg blade and brake it's fine. He said to ship the bad brake to them and they'll put a good one in the mail. Unreal! That's top notch right there. I'll probably order a new brake anyway as a back up now for sure.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a spare dado break, but I do have a spare regular brake. I even had need of it once

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post
    He said to ship the bad brake to them and they'll put a good one in the mail. Unreal! That's top notch right there. I'll probably order a new brake anyway as a back up now for sure.
    Yep, that's the kind of service I've received from them. I've yet to see a company to top them and I've had good customer service experiences (like from LeeValley).

Blog Entries
    I keep a spare of each brake on hand so I can get back to work after a brake fire. I've only had two in the 7 years or so I've had the saw. Both were my fault.
    I probably don't need the second dado brake. These things pretty much destroy the blades and I don't have a spare stacked dado set.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post
    I don't think I can go into bypass mode if on initial start up the saw doesn't recognize the brake to blade distance is correct.

I thought I had it this morning. I cleaned the 8" dado blade with acetone thinking it's a connectivity issue. Adjusted the brake so it's nicking the head of nickel. Flipped the switch and got the green light. I cranked it over to 45 degrees. Put the infinity insert in, put a 2x4 on top to help keep insert down and cut clean. Started cranking and going well. I got nervous and wanted to check how close the cut was to the aluminum plate. Looked good. Put the insert back in, flipped the switch and now it's giving me brake adjustment error.

I then put a standard brake in and 10" blade and was fine, then I cranked it to 45 degrees and brake adjustment error came on.
    This may be caused by the Infinity insert. I have heard other reports of similar issues. See:

https://thenewbiewoodworker.com/2019...ing-light.html

Bob

Blog Entries
    I have an Infinity insert plate, but have never used it with a dado stack. I'm going to experiment to see if the problem is repeatable on my saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I have an Infinity insert plate, but have never used it with a dado stack. I'm going to experiment to see if the problem is repeatable on my saw.
    I use my Infinity plate with my dado stack. No problems.

T

Blog Entries
    No problems with Infinity insert here either. I say you take up SS on the free brake. They will run some tests on it. See if you can get a report and let us know.

Just a quick check . . . Have you checked that the lever which locks the brake in place is completely locked down. I replaced a cartridge one time and had problems until I checked that lever. It was just slightly short of complete lock down. That was enough to prevent the system from giving the OK to turn on.