Thread: Stanley 13-050 and Stanley 45

Stanley 13-050 and Stanley 45

Will the blades for a Stanley #45 plane fit a Stanley #13-050 plane? I have a 13-050 that I bought inexpensively, but it's missing the fence and all but 1 blade. I've seen a lot of #45 blades on EBay (unfortunately, no fences or fence rods). Thanks.

Seems to be a modern version of the Stanley No. 50....and apparently it uses the same cutters as a No. 45 and the No. 50...

Blog Entries
    For the old #50 planes without an adjuster the #45 blades are too long. The change in handle design may allow a bit longer blade in the #13-050. From memory Whole earth access sold the #13-050 or a Record version of it. The blades they carried were Record blades. A few of them were bought and used on my Stanley #45s.

Here is an image comparing different plow plane blades:

Blades Compared.jpg

The top blade is one from my #50. The two in the center are from a Stanley #45. The bottom two are from the Veritas small plow plane.

Tim, if you were a contributor, only $6, you could send me a private message. There is surely and extra blade for a #45 in my shop that could be mailed to you. Then you could let us know if it will work in a #13-050.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I am doing a little business with Martin J. Donnelly to outfit a Stanley No. 45.
    I just placed an order for a pair of short rods for it. Total incl. shipping $18.50
    Couple months ago I bought the "flat-sided" screwdriver (No. 85 or 86)
    for the 45 from them. Believe that was $23+-
    Actually, these buys are for the box I'm still working on to house the 45.

Along with the current order I requested pricing on the bottoms and
    hollows, rounds & nosing cutters. Will see if this makes the cheese more binding.
    This is the last time I will inquire about the following: Whatever happened with/to
    the guy who said he had a mother lode of plane parts? I responded to his OP and
    sent him a PM and ain't heard nothing.

Blog Entries
    This is the last time I will inquire about the following: Whatever happened with/to
    the guy who said he had a mother lode of plane parts? I responded to his OP and
    sent him a PM and ain't heard nothing.
    My guess is he may have had a change of heart. Some of the items in his images indicated he may have had complete tools disassembled among the parts.

My recollection is he did mention at least once of the response being overwhelming.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)