Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What material for push block?

I'm in the I love my Grrippers camp. I also made a few with scraps and have my older Craftsman triangle push block.

I use long push sticks with a nice notch. It keeps my fingers further away from the blade than push blocks. I am super-careful, and quite frankly fairly paranoid about the table saw in general and putting my fingers anywhere near that spinning blade. I make them out of plywood,
    Regards,

Tom

I'm surprised no one mentioned sandpaper. If you use used paper, it's free and easily renewable. Those who think you should never need a lot a pressure have never jointed any man size material. All the wax in the world won't make a 4"x16"x10" board slide easily through a jointer.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned sandpaper. If you use used paper, it's free and easily renewable. Those who think you should never need a lot a pressure have never jointed any man size material. All the wax in the world won't make a 4"x16"x10" board slide easily through a jointer.
    Well I don't know. That's about the same size as an 11" Stonehenge. Hard to guess what it weighs, without knowing the species. :^)