Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attaching legs to a walnut nesting piece.

Honestly, there may be great risk in trying to remove the aprons, depending on how the piece was built. Personally, I'd do what I and Phil M have suggested to do this repair because it's the least intrusive and can be quite strong.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hello, everyone. I thought no one contributed to the thread after I posted my address, so I hadn't looked at the thread for a while. I just clicked, however, on the thread's navigational link and realized my mistake. I am very appreciative of everyone's taking their time to help me.

I assume your hanger bolt and threaded insert would consist of a hanger bolt screwed onto the leg and threaded insert attached to the top. If so, I don't think it will work with a square leg. When you screw the bolt into the threaded insert you would have to be very lucky to have it end up square when it gets tight. I'll give another vote for Thomas Johnson's videos, he does these kind of repairs on antiques for a living. I'm pretty sure one of his videos addresses the exact issue you have, had a look but couldn't find it. His videos also give good tips on how to take glued joints apart and tips for how to apply clamps to glue it back together. Also another vote for a wooden corner bracket assuming it doesn't interfere with the tables nesting, pretty sure that's what Thomas would use. .