Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you recommend some work shoes

I wear Rockport Work Men's RK6762 Work Shoe - low top, steel toe, very comfortable, wear well. Getting good memory insoles helps a lot with the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I've used everything from combat boots to trail-running sneakers to muckers. For me, the magic is in the insole. Sole or Superfeet brand, to be specific. I have high arches and while my feet seem to tolerate a wide range of shoes, if the insole is flat, I have issues. Just what works for me.

Erik
    +1 I have custom molded inserts, which last a lifetime, and have performed miracles
    Regards,

Tom

I’ve worn Apex shoes and this one in particular.

Apex foot dot com Sierra Trail runner. They wear like iron for me. They used to be called Aetrex.
    Last edited by John RStegall; 01-20-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Crocs. Cheap enough to be disposable, but I have a summer and winter pair that have lasted for about 2 years now. Very comfortable.

Agree on Crocs, I had all sorts of feet problems until I started wearing these. Nice and cool too, no major sweating. Slips on and off easily. Just don’t walk in a flooded parking lot though. Signup on their site and get notified about sales.

Believe it or not - I bought a pair of Dickies at Walmart and added an insole, I have a high arch. I wear them on a concrete floor and my feet are not tired at the end of the day.

Keen makes good shoes, last reasonably long. Sketchers used to make very good shoes but lately, not so much. I recently went shopping for new shop shoes. Criteria, smooth bottom so they don't pick up sawdust or grass clippings, mud etc. slip on, smooth on top so they shed water, dust etc. These are Clarks. can't be resoled but at a disposable price.

Shoes.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Bender; 01-24-2021 at 6:20 PM.