So lately I've been having an issue with my ROS sanders. They want to leave these streaks, as if the pads are off balance. Funny thing is ALL my sanders do this. I've tried my Festool ETS/EC 150/5, my older ETS 150/5 and the 5" 2mm orbit one (Sorry can't remember the name) and they all leave the same thing.

I've mostly been using maple over the past months, and maybe because it's a lighter one I haven't noticed compared to a darker wood (thermo ash), which I just started using. Anyone else experience this?

I'm using my vac at about 30-40% suction and moving at about 1"/sec, maybe slower. I'm not putting any pressure on the sander, other than it's weight itself. I'm sanding left to right, although the streaks still appear if I sand randomly, front-to-back, etc.

(The left side is where I hand-sanded with 220, and it seemed to get rid of them, but I'd like to be able to finish off the ROS)

It's not dust as I tried vacuuming and blowing it off, it's just sanding marks..Photo Oct 14, 4 37 13 PM.jpg