Thread: Got me a new table saw :)

Got me a new table saw :)

Well I drop some cash on a slightly bigger table saw. I been getting some walnut and maple slabs pretty dang cheap . Well ripping them on my small jobsite saw the R4516 well it is a workout. I had to chock the wells on my mobile bench I made for it even though the casters are 4" locking.

So I went today and got the Rigid R4512. I got the legs on it and the wheels and have it sitting on its legs. WOW talking about a workout and thanks to my 2 sons and my wife . My phone is dead so charging it up and will take some pictures later. Had to take a break and will finish getting it together tomorrow and making sure everything is align .

IMG_20191013_180611_791.jpg

Last edited by marlin adams; 10-13-2019 at 7:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new saw. Now get to work and make some sawdust.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Enjoy your new saw Marlin!
    You should post a short review after you use it a bit.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Congrats, I think you're gonna love it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Congrats on the new saw, enjoy it!

High cotton indeed Marlin. Have fun.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by marlin adams View Post
    Well I drop some cash on a slightly bigger table saw. I been getting some walnut and maple slabs pretty dang cheap . Well ripping them on my small jobsite saw the R4516 well it is a workout. I had to chock the wells on my mobile bench I made for it even though the casters are 4" locking.

So I went today and got the Rigid R4512. I got the legs on it and the wheels and have it sitting on its legs. WOW talking about a workout and thanks to my 2 sons and my wife . My phone is dead so charging it up and will take some pictures later. Had to take a break and will finish getting it together tomorrow and making sure everything is align .

IMG_20191013_180611_791.jpg

That's a good looking table saw Marlin!! I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your new projects.
    David

Well since I could not sleep like a kid on Christmas eve I got it all together and align and the main cast iron table is flat and the wings are level with the table. Blade is trued to the miter slots and the fence is trued to the blade. Now gonna have to come up with a better dust collection and making a good mobile base for it. But overall I like what I see and I am ready to make some dust

IMG_20191014_114516_924.jpg

You can't use it like that, you need to plug it in first

Always nice to get a new toy.... I mean tool..... in the shop. Setup can be difficult and fiddly, but that part is done. Be sure to show us how you choose to mitigate dust, lots of us have an interest in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pitonyak View Post
    You can't use it like that, you need to plug it in first

Always nice to get a new toy.... I mean tool..... in the shop. Setup can be difficult and fiddly, but that part is done. Be sure to show us how you choose to mitigate dust, lots of us have an interest in that.
    Well I watch a few youtubes and read few things on the internet and I have a ideal on what I want to do. Its a combination of a few things from the internet and what I came up with. But have to wait until after I redo my shop yet again to where I have a place to park my new tablesaw when not in use and need to use my other equipment since my shop is only 10'x16'

Alright, finally got my shop rearrange to where I can park my R4512 out of the way. I got rid of the home depot bench, in fact I re-purpose alot of the 2x4s to make a mobile bench for my bandsaw and planer. Just got to clean up my work area but kinda push myself a little so taking a break . I am gonna put a shelf on the bottom of the bench I just built to store my router table top and fence when not in use.

IMG_20191017_151015922.jpgIMG_20191017_150919612.jpgIMG_20191017_150951316.jpg

Very cool!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That saw should serve you well for years to come! Congrats, Marlin!

That's a nice setup Marlin!! Looks like you're ready to start some new projects.
    David

Well heck, Saturday something happen to my R4512, I think its the bearing for the blade arbor but I am not sure. I used it to cut the lumber for my new mobile bench for my bandsaw and planer and it was doing perfect.

Saturday I started cutting 2"x1 1/4"x4' strips of walnut for a project for the one that I get my maple and walnut from for some free wood. Everything was going great got 4 strips cut then the saw starting to make a loud skreaching noise and slowing down. I shut it down and check to make sure the blade was turning freely and powered on the saw again without a load and still that loud noise started back up.

I called Ridgid and talk to them, then decided to check on the Home Depot return policy and well I am gonna return it and get another. I am a little upset but having work in the manufacturing world for several years I do know products get by QC and stuff happens.

LOL some would be anal and put of by this but I had the R4512 jobsite saw for a couple of years cutting the same stuff from soft to hardwoods and had to take it in for service because my blade develop a wobble and no its wasn't the blade .
    I got it disassemble down to the main unit plus the legs and will take it back to my local Home Depot to swap it out.