Thread: need a source for flexible 3'' dust collection hose.

need a source for flexible 3'' dust collection hose.

FLEXIBLE is the key word here. Only need about 6 feet for my overarm blade guards on my sliding t.s. and my cabinet saw. I prefer good quality hose,the piece that I am currently using is great quality but to stiff. I have a sharkguard on my Unisaw and the current hose impairs it's ability to move up-down over wood easily. None of my usual local sources have what I need,3'' seems rare as I have found 2.5'' at several places. Any help would be appreciated.

I just checked. Amazon has "Powertec" and "Woodstock" 3" hose. Looks like only available in 10 foot lengths.

I use the powertec 2 1/2 hose to connect to my stationary sanders. It's fairly light and flexible, but not to the point where it collapses under suction. The tradeoff with the lighter hoses is they tend to try to contract under suction and pull on whatever they are attached to. The powertec hose does this, but it's not an issue with the sanders. Might be with an overarm guard. You might be better off with a plastic hose with no wire inside. Another thing that would help would be to attach the hose along the guard arm and especially at the base to minimize the pull on the head.

Thanks Ray, I just ordered it.

I’m using the powertec 3” from amazon on mine and it works fine.

I also like the PowerTec hose from Amazon...flexible and the price is right.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...