Thread: Baleigh ES 8120 edge Sander

Baleigh ES 8120 edge Sander

https://www.baileigh.com/vertical-edge-sander-es-8120

I have searched for a review of this sander and can not find one. Scott&Sargent sells one, the I-Tech BS8, and they have a short video of it, does not look too bad, but still.......

Don't want a hunk of old iron, too heavy and take up too much space. Kind of like the veneer sanding capabilities of the 8120, just wonder how well it works. Even if you have had a chance to just look one over close in person let me know what you think before I drive to Manitiwac Wi. to look for myself, maybe save me a trip. Can't afford the real McCoy, especially as I just smashed my left hand and have a bunch of rods in it.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the hand. Thats a doozy. Hope your a righty. No info on the sander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoDC759N5FI

Here is the video of the I Tech, seems to be the same machine from what I can see.

I found the same sander sold in Germany under a couple of different names, but no reviews. Only difference I could see is that it was a 200mm belt rather than 150mm. And voltage of course.

Did you end up getting the Baileigh ES-8120? If so, what do you think of it? I'm looking at a deal on one now but there is not much online about them. I appreciate any feedback.
    Anyone else have any info on this model? The video Larry linked to does appear to be the same machine.
    Last edited by Roger Bull; 05-26-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bull View Post
    Did you end up getting the Baileigh ES-8120? If so, what do you think of it? I'm looking at a deal on one now but there is not much online about them. I appreciate any feedback.
    Anyone else have any info on this model? The video Larry linked to does appear to be the same machine.
    I believe that model is a clone of several other similar edge sanders most likely made in Taiwan or China. It is a very nice looking model that I would not hesitate to pick up depending on the price and condition of the machine. I would make sure that it still has the dust hood and that the table is 90 degrees to the platen.

Table is adjustable.