Thread: Casedie Pfs 41 jointer/planer combo

Casedie Pfs 41 jointer/planer combo

Anyone have one of these machines ? I am looking for info on them,preferably from users. I have found a used one,this is a 16'' machine with a Tersa head and five horse single phase motor. I have thought about a combination machine for a while for the space savings and having the same jointer and planer capacity. Not sure the changeover will be something I will like right away. I tend to be quite flexible and enjoy learning new ways of doing things so am not to worried about the change in operating procedures. Will a Tersa head in this machine give me good surfaces,curious as to the head diameter and the knife projection,I have never used a Tersa head before. Understand the basics of how they are designed and knife changes but wonder how the performance rates. What if any differences are there from Casedei and Minimax machines ?I understand they are both part of the SCM group of companies and a lot of the machines look very similar to me.
    Last edited by Mike Kees; 10-12-2019 at 1:33 AM.

The Casadei PFS 41 is the same machine as the SCM / Minimax FS 41. Not the same weight class as the old pre-Busellato EMA/Casadei stuff but you'll find it an excellent value.

Casadei is owned by SCM and a good value. SCM sells Casadei at a lower price but the difference with SCM is kind of like Chevy vs Oldsmobile for those of you that remember the old GM. I would not sweat the differences. Tersa is a great system and in my world preferable to insert heads on a machine with a good build. 5 hp is a little light but if you need single phase, that is the tradeoff. Dave

Should be a great machine. I personally love the Tersa system...economical to run, easy to adjust for a nick and a nice surface.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the replies. I guess my first step is to figure out how to spell the name properly . I do not need single phase ,that just happens to be what I found. Thanks for the Tersa information Dave and Jim. I have contacted the guy so we will see where this goes,it will be another long drive for me if I can not ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Casadei is owned by SCM and a good value. SCM sells Casadei at a lower price but the difference with SCM is kind of like Chevy vs Oldsmobile for those of you that remember the old GM. I would not sweat the differences. Tersa is a great system and in my world preferable to insert heads on a machine with a good build. 5 hp is a little light but if you need single phase, that is the tradeoff. Dave
    David - where have you seen Casadei priced lower than Minimax equivalents? I'd previously understood that the Casadei-badged machines were to be sold through third-parties as opposed to MiniMax sold directly by SCM US.

Peter, I was told that by an SCM guy a few years ago when they acquired Casadei. We were talking about sanders but I thought he was referring to all machines. That may no longer be the case ( or he may have been mistaken ). I never saw enough difference for it to matter and the price difference was hard to pin down. No more than 5-10% from what I could tell. Dave

Have you seen the prices on a new Casadei shaper fully loaded up? Over 40k.

Kind of like the new Corvette. Dave

Kind of like the new Corvette. Dave
    This place is local to me, kind of nice seeing actual prices listed on stuff

https://www.oaktreesupply.com/collections/pro-machinery

Thanks for the link and info. Makes the new Corvette look cheap. Dave

Although you wouldn't buy the new Corvette. You'd wait a year or two and let someone else take the depreciation and buy a gently used Corvette
    Dave Davies

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Have you seen the prices on a new Casadei shaper fully loaded up? Over 40k.
    Well there goes that idea.