Thread: Need recommendation on sharpening service in Ohio?, Columbus/ Springfield/Lima

Need recommendation on sharpening service in Ohio?, Columbus/ Springfield/Lima

I need to have two sets of planer knives sharpened. I have mailed out for this before, but would like to find some place local. I am in west central Ohio.

Try using Google Maps and searching for “blade sharpening”. Or ask your local woodworking club.

Might want to check with Wood Werks supply (columbus). And check with local lumberyards; at least one near me has pickup/dropoff service with a local sharpening firm.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a Woodcraft nearby. Mine is a pickup point for a sharpener. You can also have some assurance of quality. Woodcraft wouldn't deal with someone who ruins blades for very long.

In my case, I don't think the Woodcraft makes anything off of being a drop-off. It's just a way to get people into the store. So they might tell you the name of the sharpener and you can see if there's a drop-off closer.

Same if you have a Rockler.

Try these folks: https://columbussawtool.com/