Thread: test button only outputs 5 mw GSI 130 watt tube, new.

test button only outputs 5 mw GSI 130 watt tube, new.

Hi, I am in the process of building a large format 4x8 laser. I had a new GSI 130 watt tube that worked for a little while, then started arcing to the chassis, since it was a new tube I assumed I had something wrong with the power supply. I replaced the power supply, (dy20) same problem, so Its the tube. get the tube replaced, the new tube will only output 5 MW when i push the test button, which was odd because with the old tube when I hit the test button it would bounce up to 28 mw or so. I put my old power supply back in, same result. I ohm out all the high voltage lines which are .1 ohms all the way around and no continuity to the chassis anywhere, check the quick connector to make sure its not burnt, replaced the ammeter, still 5mw when I push the test button. The tube does fire, and I measured it at about 59 watts with my power meter. I have a cohesion3d board with the max set to 80 percent. I ran a quick 100 percent cut with the controller, still maxes out at 5 mw. The only thing I havent done is to try a ballast resistor in place of the tube. To me the only logical answer is that the tube is bad, but is there anything I could be missing?

hm. guess my phone MW my mA.