Thread: Menards - no customer service?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Menards - no customer service?

Our local Menards (Cuyahoga Falls Ohio) is horrible. They don't bother to put sale items on the shelf, they only have one register open on weekdays and seldom open another even when the lines are 8 people deep, very slow to mark sale items/prices - as in 3 or 4 days after the sale has started, the employees have obviously not been trained at all in anything, they don't bother to stock shelves, they insist on putting scrap material (sheet goods, lumber, etc) on the top of decent stock causing you to have to dig and discard a lot of material before you get to an item that isn't pure scrap.......and all in all ,,, a rather unpleasant experience to shop at.

The store has been open well over a year now & the employee turnover has been tremendous. Unusual for a company that has taken pride in the fact that their average employee service time has been over 10 years.

Every single time we go there, my wife and I comment about how we should contact the corporate office and complain about the store's management and how poorly the store is being run.
    Based on my 25 years in retail, I'm well aware of how poor management results in every one of these problem areas.
    To drive that point home, the store 20 some miles away (Massillon Ohio) is a pure pleasure to shop at. Plenty of registers open, plenty of stock on the shelves, sale items properly signed and stocked and the people are all eager to help customers. (plus I noted over the couple of years we shopped there - the same faces are always there).

I'd like to contact the home office, but, I can't find anywhere a listing for customer service. They have none on their website & it appears (based on comments) that they never bother to respond to comments on their social media.

I'd really like to see this store succeed - Lord knows we don't need another big giant empty previous retail store, thank you very much....but, I can see this store folding up if something isn't done and done quick.

Any ideas how to get the home office to take a look at how poorly this store is run?

Ok - edit to add a link:

https://www.menards.com/main/contactUs.html

After hunting high and low, I found a contactus link. Despite what the link says, I can't find that link anywhere on the main page.
    Judging by the comments on social media, I suspect it was removed so Menards doesn't have to deal with customers.

Pity - but - it sure looks like there;s trouble brewing and I don't think it looks good for Menards long term.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 10-10-2019 at 8:19 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon