Thread: Dust Collection on Wall?

Dust Collection on Wall?

I purchased a Grizzly G1030Z2P 2 stage dual canister dust collector and it works great.

But, it takes up scarce floor space.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mount it high up on a wall (above machine height) or on a ceiling while still being able to empty the bags?

Thanks very much,

Joseph

I mounted a 2 hp motor on a platform that is attached to across the corner of my shop. The problem I encountered is the vibration is now substantially louder than before. It vibrates the metal siding on my shop so much more that I have to wear ear protection all the time while it runs. Didn't have to before while it was on it's own platform.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

You can mount it anywhere you can lift it and provide adequate physically support for the weight. Obviously, considerations also apply to duct/hose implementation. Don't forget, however, that you have to be able empty it and Steve is correct that location can change the sound characteristics, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The minimum footprint of a cyclone dust collector will always be the dust barrel which needs ready access.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

I have a Mini Gorilla and it annoyed the hell out of me being mobile. It was always in the way so last summer I decided to mount it on the wall. I eventually want to make some type of lift for the dust bin so it's easier to empty.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 1.50.14 PM.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Great job wall mounting Tim.

Sounds like this is not a quick or easy job, and there are so many items on the to do list I might have to live with it on it's large mobile base for a while.