I've used a Lenox Tri Master band saw blades before and found it to be one of the smoothest cuts I've experienced. Tremendous for the thin veneers I cut. Well, eventually my last blade became dull and I decided to purchase another. The first blade latested so long I forgot who I purchased it from so an internet search found me at "Bandsawbladesdirect".com. It took a week between the order date and the shipping date.

Eager to get back to resawing for a job in the queue I installed the blade, adjusted the bearings and off I went. Pushing my plank of walnut through seemed laborious and somewhat jerky. The cut was as in the attached photo. RUFF! I was in disbelief and at first thought that I had some super hard walnut that just would not cut. So I grabbed a piece of siberian elm, same result.

I decided to inspect each individual blade tooth and in doing so found three that had not been ground properly and in fact were sticking out wider than the rest. In the photos you can see the ones I marked. Haven't ever seen that in my 45 + years of woodworking. I'll connect with Bandsawbladesdirect tomorrow and hope for the best.

For those of you reading this and have used the Tri Master blade, where do you purchase them from ?

Cheers,

Kent

IMG_0263 (600 x 450).jpgIMG_0266 (450 x 600).jpg