Thread: Drum Sander How to Question

Drum Sander How to Question

Question is what is the best way to attach small pieces of wood to a carrier board to send thru my drum sander The pieces are approximately 1-1/2 in length. Normally I would scrap the wood but I want to make end grain cutting boards. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Law

Blog Entries
    I would glue several pieces between a couple of outriggers. Saw the out rigors off when you’re done.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

double stick tape
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    double stick tape
    This worked for me.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

You can also use the painter's tape and superglue technique for work holding of small parts. Remember to consider the tape thickness for any application that uses tape, whether it's this one or double-stick.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Appreciate the suggestion, I used double stick tape. I attached double stick tape to two pieces of baltic birch close to same thickness, I sandwiched the pieces (front and back) to be sanded in between the two pieces, worked great at least this time.
    Again appreciate the suggestions, good to have a place to go to ask these kind of questions