Thread: JDS Air Tech 2000 filter

JDS Air Tech 2000 filter

I bought this filter years ago, finally getting around to setting it up. I have looked at the filters available on line and the numbers
    are different. On Amazon the internal bag filter is a 750 ER. My model is a 750 E. What I see is a different configuration.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

I have the same unit. I am unable to lay my hands on the manual right now due to a building project i han=ve and it is currently buried. Is JDS still in business? In googling the 2000 the filters show as available from Highland, Woodcraft, etc. I believe that if the frame size is the same then the filter will be as well. Modifying the frame would required tooling changes that I don't think JDS made. I also googled "multi-router", which was a JDS product and it is being manuf by Lorraine Manuf, hence my question as to whether or not they are still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert L Stewart View Post
    I bought this filter years ago, finally getting around to setting it up. I have looked at the filters available on line and the numbers
    are different. On Amazon the internal bag filter is a 750 ER. My model is a 750 E. What I see is a different configuration.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Have you checked with their tech support or maybe a JDS vendor? That would probably be the best source for accurate info.

I can't help with the specific model changes, but my 750 needed a new pleated filter and I sourced it from Woodcraft...they carry a somewhat "universal" version that fits many of the same sized air cleaners. There's very little that differentiates them over the paint color and labels.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The remote on my 750 stopped functioning and I had to climb up a ladder to get the thing to work. Went looking for a solution and it appears JDS Tools no longer exists. A couple of companies are selling filters, but no sign of the basic units or parts for them. Bummer.

They were a pretty interesting company. For many years the Ducane side of the business built the majority of oil fired furnaces sold by the majors. Carrier, York, Lennox, Trane, etc would not invest to build a product for a regional market and Ducane became the standard supplier for them. You will recall the Ducane gas grilles were one of the markets top brands for a long time. In the late 90's they decided to take a BIG step into the HVAC manufacturing business which is where I got to know them. My company represented them in the six New England States. When I mentioned a big step, apparently it was to big a step financially. They sold really well, but it was only a few years and they sold the whole operation to Armstrong and they have done well with the products and manuf facilities. I parted ways with them at that point. When I went down to SC for my initial training I met John Ducate Sr, founder of the whole shooting match and where the JDS brand came from. He was a charismatic guy. While doing the plant tour I spied the woodworking corner. I was lusting after a multi-router but couldn't go it. I did get an Accu-miter which I still use and like a great deal. A few years after the hvac side was sold the Ducane Grills went bankrupt and from then on the only products in the market, I think, was JDS. Happy Trails!

Thank you all for the tips and history. I did check with Highland Woodworking before this post. Think I will take my unit apart to see what
    makes it tick, then call Highland for advice.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    The remote on my 750 stopped functioning and I had to climb up a ladder to get the thing to work. Went looking for a solution and it appears JDS Tools no longer exists. A couple of companies are selling filters, but no sign of the basic units or parts for them. Bummer.
    Ted, mine never had an integral remote...I use a simple one I bought at True Value that was appropriate for the unit's amperage which wasn't all that high. It was like ten bucks and works great. I have the remote hung on a screw next to the wall switch for my cyclone so both controls are in one place.
    --

Jim, Thanks for the tip. Yesterday I found a thread where someone else had similar problems and managed a workable fix, but I can't find the thread again (poor search skills). My remote had some nice features I'd like to keep. The funny part is that this unit has very few hours on it because I always forget to turn it on....that's why it's frustrating to not have it work.
    JDS.jpg

Now I am resurrecting my other shop air filter. This one is a Delta 50-868. Bought it ages ago and without the remote control. Other than
    use a ladder to turn it on does anyone have a remote they don't need anymore or idea on how to activate it. I am willing to pay for the luxury of
    a remote.
    image_34020.jpg

Robert, you don't need an integrated remote just to turn off/on as I noted above if you cannot find an OEM remote.
    --

Jim, Missed that note. I will give it a look.