Thread: DELTA 12 inch RAS TABLE

DELTA 12 inch RAS TABLE

Hi All,
    I've had the above saw in storage for about 10 years. Now I have it together and need to install a top. I know I can dimension it to any size width, with length of cut dictated by the blade's travel. I'm looking for someone with same saw that could provide me with the OEM measurements if possible.

Thanks,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post
    Hi All,
    I've had the above saw in storage for about 10 years. Now I have it together and need to install a top. I know I can dimension it to any size width, with length of cut dictated by the blade's travel. I'm looking for someone with same saw that could provide me with the OEM measurements if possible.

Thanks,
    Ed
    The width of the table is just determined by the travel. I would use something very hard underneath where the saw cuts. They tend to wallow out a wide groove which in turn causes chip outs on the underside. Depending on how much space you have I like to make a long table which I put a tape measure on the fence to quickly set up the size cut.

Can you determine the age of the saw? Delta made a 12" saw in about 1980 which was recalled because the carriage bearings would break letting the saw motor drop off the saw while you where cutting with it. I had that happen twice. The first time we thought it was a fluke and they replaced the bearings and within a week it did it again. I then refused to use the saw so the boss started using the saw and when it did it on him the saw left the building that day.

Mine is 19" x 48" ... with the fence set at the rear position.