Thread: Laguna 14 SUV - worth upgrade for $950?

Laguna 14 SUV - worth upgrade for $950?

Would that be a decent deal for a used laguna suv 14? I currently have a 1ho jet 14” with riser but have always struggled with clean re-sawing and cutting square to begin with.

The suv has 14” resaw and a 3hp motor. Come in handy when I have to split maple and some hard stuff.

That is going to depend on the specifics of both saws.

Does the Laguna come with the mobility kit ? Extra blades ? Both of those could add $300 to the equation easy. How much do you have in your current saw? I'm guessing 500-900$. That makes 14SUV for +950$ not all that attractive unless you need it today. They cost $1900 new , and your owner prob. paid $1750 or less. You won't get $$1000 for your saw on the open market so from a pure economic standpoint , you are not getting a savings.

Now, if the 14SUV is offered at $950 , that's an entirely different matter. It's a very capable 14" saw with a Blador motor that cost 300 bucks by itself.

Current saw I bought used for $300 and added a $100 kreg fence.

Laguna has Mobility. Resaw fence and 3 blades.

You want at least a 200kg saw if you plan on having something you won't have to baby.
    A saw at that weight should handle a 3/4" blade OK
    Once you can have a properly tensioned 3/4" blade installed, the blade will have enough beam tension not to be rubbing against your thrust bearing.
    Have you looked at any three phase machines, probably can be got for a lot cheaper than that saw.
    A VFD will only cost a hundred or so quid, easy to install, and requires less juice to start compared to a single phase equivalent
    You can program your ramp up time to suit your supply, so you can run it from a domestic plug.
    Tom