Thread: Repurposed Kitchen Cabinets

Repurposed Kitchen Cabinets

We are planning a kitchen remodel and will have lots of old cabinets. The uppers at least seem perfect for a shop. No use for them in my house as I have my storage needs met. There didn't seem to be any on Craig's list so I'm wondering what to do with them.

Blog Entries
    Craigslist

There are frequently kitchen cabinets and countertops on our local Craigslist. Unless they're priced high, they are purchased almost immediately.

You can sell on Craig's List or Facebook Marketplace or similar or donate to the ReStore run by Habitat for the tax benefit. The latter will even pick them up from you at no cost.

I used all the original uppers I made for our kitchen in my shop after I replaced them with deeper ones about a year and a half ago. They have added a lot of storage organization that I didn't have before. The price was right, too.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-05-2019 at 7:23 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

They do work great in a shop,or garage or even the shed in the backyard.

Looked again and did see some on Craigslist.

Thinking that the cheap countertops will be scrap and the lowers hard to repurpose since they are laminate and are big assemblies and not separate units.

When I build cabinets for a customer the old cabinets I take out usually ends up being used in my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Looked again and did see some on Craigslist.

Thinking that the cheap countertops will be scrap and the lowers hard to repurpose since they are laminate and are big assemblies and not separate units.
    I use large base cabinets in several places in my multi-purpose shop including the area where I incubate guinea and peacock eggs to hold the incubators with supplies under. I use old wall and base cabinets in my little machine shop and elsewhere. I'll soon be looking for more cabinets for another farm building I'm starting.

I can't imagine having trouble finding a home for cabinets. Donating them to the Habitat organization is also a great idea.

A neighbor brought all the damaged cabinets he bought at the re use it store to my shop for repair. I patched them up and he installed them in his house.