Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love harbor freight

"Cheap" things from China often come at an unseen and horrifying cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Im shocked the chinese are not dropping like flies from some type of cancer or some other malady due to whatever is in the goop/oil/whatever that creates that overwhelming stench.
    Whole villages in China have been dropping dead for years now. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...ween-pollution

The chemical smell from HF usually makes me nauseous for a good 90 min. I only buy surgical gloves from there.

I have their framing nailer, the full head one. It works fine. I framed a staircase with it. Not a lot of use but no complaints. I also have the flooring stapler/nailer. I've put down about 800 ft2 and I loaned it out for what I think was a smaller job. It leaks air but still works. I also have the upholstrey stapler, 2 narrow crown staplers, and the 15 gauge finish nailer. They all work. One of the narrow crown staplers wouldn't really drive 1.5 inch staples. It is several years old. The newer one is fine. I don't think any of these are professional quality tools but I think they are pretty nice for the price. I have a couple Bostitch and a Porter Cable. The Bostitch are a little better, the PC isn't. Just costs more.

If you can justify a Senco or even a Bostitch, I think you will be happier with them, especially if you use them a lot. But for me, the HF air nailers are fine. I just need something that works and costs about what the rental of a nicer tool would cost.

Jim, Thanks for the review. It sounds like I'll be fine with the HF nailer. I'll use a 20% coupon and hpofully get it for 80.00.

I don't buy tools at Harbor Freight that have more than a couple moving parts. Sledge hammers are a perfect example of what I might buy there. I have purchased tools there that are broken right out of the box. The company does have a no hassle return policy, but the QC out of the box is dicey. Their tools cannot be repaired, there is no authorized repair center, so they are use and throw away tools.

Here is an interesting article listing the tools to buy at Harbor Freight and those tools to avoid purchasing:

https://toolcrib.com/blog/2008/08/bu...d-the-abysmal/
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    I don't buy tools at Harbor Freight that have more than a couple moving parts. Sledge hammers are a perfect example of what I might buy there. I have purchased tools there that are broken right out of the box. The company does have a no hassle return policy, but the QC out of the box is dicey. Their tools cannot be repaired, there is no authorized repair center, so they are use and throw away tools.

Here is an interesting article listing the tools to buy at Harbor Freight and those tools to avoid purchasing:

https://toolcrib.com/blog/2008/08/bu...d-the-abysmal/
    You are their QC.