Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two Year Old Camaster Stinger III

Vectric's Photo VCarve software is now included with Aspire 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Vectric's Photo VCarve software is now included with Aspire 10.
    The new feature in V10 is the PhotoVCarve ToolPath which is very nice to have, although it's apparently not the same as having the full PhotoVCarve application based on commentary on the Vectric forums. They continue to sell the stand-alone application.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have both and the stand alone is much nicer to use.

I have been working with it whenever I have an opportunity. I have created one simple plaque/sign so far in VCarve Pro. No chips yet. Hopefully things settle down after this weekend of working. I have been watching Vetric's training videos and that's helped immensely. You learn by doing but some things you would never get if you didn't have something to be tutored from. One question I do have. I was trying to create a plaque for my granddaughter and found a font in Office that was what I wanted. I copied and pasted but it seems to lack the editing features of the fonts in VCarve Pro. Is there somewhere to download more fonts into VCarve? Thanks in advance.

I purchased and downloaded VCarve Pro in the last few days and started watching their getting started videos. They look very helpful. I was watching on my iPad and following on my laptop. Hoping to get started putting my new Axiom in place and routing dust collection tomorrow.

cant wait to get through the video and make some dust also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    I have been working with it whenever I have an opportunity. I have created one simple plaque/sign so far in VCarve Pro. No chips yet. Hopefully things settle down after this weekend of working. I have been watching Vetric's training videos and that's helped immensely. You learn by doing but some things you would never get if you didn't have something to be tutored from. One question I do have. I was trying to create a plaque for my granddaughter and found a font in Office that was what I wanted. I copied and pasted but it seems to lack the editing features of the fonts in VCarve Pro. Is there somewhere to download more fonts into VCarve? Thanks in advance.

Ron, VCarve Pro has access to any fonts you have installed in Windows. You can't "copy/paste" from another application. Create your text in VCP using the font you desire from the fonts in the drop-down list while in the Text tool.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Hi Ronald,
    Here is an online source for a variety of fonts with free downloads. You can download and install into your standard Windows fonts folder and VCarve will have access to them.
    David

https://www.dafont.com/

dafont.com free font downloads.jpg

Just a small program note about downloading art and fonts...licensing matters if one is going to do commercial work. Free is not necessarily your friend in that respect and the penalties, despite low chances of "getting caught", are substantial. Check the details of licensing carefully in that respect.
    --

Decades ago we used to go to computer shows and there were literally thousands of public domain software discs available to purchase for just a couple of dollars each. The fee was for copying and the cost of the discs. I purchased a large set of fonts, I believe they were called Fontasy Fonts. I have shared the files many times over the years with people who have been though my ADA sign class. I will see if I can find the native font files and find a way to share them here possibly as a zip file. As I recall their were three folders, one each on three floppy discs originally.