Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85

Thread: New Lee Valley Web Site

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lake Gaston, Henrico, NC
    Posts
    4,121
    I can see where the new format is better for the small screen of a phone. From my first purchase with the new system, I can also see that it's a good thing for me that I've never bought anything from my phone, and probably shouldn't get in the habit!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    659
    Biggest problem is my logon doesn't work.
    "Sorry, your username or password are incorrect. Please check your spelling and try again."
    Same one I've used for years.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily. Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

    Woodworking since 1972

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Joyce View Post
    Biggest problem is my logon doesn't work. ...
    OK, that caused an adrenaline rush I didn't need. But when I check mine I can happily report you're special!

    Seriously, probably best to call their Customer Service number.

  4. #19
    It's working fine for me, albeit a bit slow (probably due to lots of people checking it out).
    Best of luck, LV!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Posts
    56
    I also experienced some difficulties, for instance, try to find Domino 500 Connectors set... I can only find individual pieces but not the whole set.
    I am sure that everything will be working perfectly soon, but the initial experience is not great..
    Last edited by Wojciech Tryc; 10-04-2019 at 7:49 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    198
    I'm assuming, being Canadian, that the site will be totally ready for cyber Monday
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    970
    Hope all goes well, certainly wish you folks the best.

    For what it is worth I think it is a significant improvement over the old site. I used to click on something, look at the picture and realize it was not what I wanted, but something with a similar name.

    The new layout makes it easier to find what you want, and posting teasers of stuff from other parts of the company will probably make it easier to separate me from my money. I hardly ever looked at gardening or hardware in the past for example.

  8. #23
    I thought it was a smart and thoughtful move for LV to send out the email blast alerting their customers to expect a change in the website.

    A lot of people don't like change, and a lot of people don't like being taken by surprise in the process of change, and the alert at least reduced the latter, I think.

    Now, how about a free shipping event to make up for the trauma you've inflicted on all of us?

    Edwin


    P.S. I've noticed the search engine in the new website seems to be much improved over the old one. Their product selection is so extensive now that a good search engine is actually quite important.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,390
    My first exposure was a bit of an adventure. I tried logging on from my tablet while on the road. It didn't recognize my credentials and made me set up a new account. All my shopping history was gone .

    When I got home, I logged on from my desktop using the saved credentials from my cache, and it wouldn't accept my old username. I changed it to the new username and it worked with the old password. Still no shopping history.

    I went to my profile page and updated it with my LV Customer number. Bingo! I have shopping history now but my wishlist, buy later, and shopping cart contents are all gone. When I went to add the items back in, I noticed the prices had gone up.

    I spent a few minutes on the web site and have to say I don't care for it. It reminds me of the Woodcraft site (sucks). Sorry Rob . I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm guessing that it will be easier to maintain going forward. I'm hoping that you'll be able to make some tweaks that will improve the user experience.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    SE PA - Central Bucks County
    Posts
    49,999
    Unfortunately, a lot, if not most, of the older e-commerce software just doesn't work well today where more and more folks shop with mobile devices. Additionally, it's hard, if not impossible to make them compliant with new global regulations relative to privacy and security. That's why so many sites have been moving to newer e-commerce software solutions including hosting them on cloud servers rather than locally. Yes, it can take some getting used to when you shop at a site frequently and suddenly it's different. But we're all smart people and can figure it out..and continue to spend money.

    Oh, and glitches are kinda normal upon switch over. No matter how much pre-cut testing gets done, there's no way to completely simulate running in the "real world"...nature of the beast.

    I had no issue logging onto the new site with my existing credentials yesterday. I didn't check if my wishlist was still there, but it only had one or two items on it that I probably forgot about anyway...
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-06-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    --

    The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,745
    The 'Keep Me Signed In' checkbox does not seem to be working.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Okotoks AB
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    The 'Keep Me Signed In' checkbox does not seem to be working.
    I don't think I've never had a website keep me signed in when I check that box. As soon as I leave the site & return, I have to login again. Or rather, Chrome logs me back in if I have saved the login info. I had no problem logging in to the new site.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    My first exposure was a bit of an adventure. I tried logging on from my tablet while on the road. It didn't recognize my credentials and made me set up a new account. All my shopping history was gone .

    When I got home, I logged on from my desktop using the saved credentials from my cache, and it wouldn't accept my old username. I changed it to the new username and it worked with the old password. Still no shopping history.

    I went to my profile page and updated it with my LV Customer number. Bingo! I have shopping history now but my wishlist, buy later, and shopping cart contents are all gone. When I went to add the items back in, I noticed the prices had gone up.

    I spent a few minutes on the web site and have to say I don't care for it. It reminds me of the Woodcraft site (sucks). Sorry Rob . I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm guessing that it will be easier to maintain going forward. I'm hoping that you'll be able to make some tweaks that will improve the user experience.
    It wouldn't allow me to log in with my old credentials either. I sent an email to LV and they sent me a new password that I used, and then changed (same ID). I was able to get in and all my old orders and wishlist were there.

    Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,390
    Here's some good news.....

    I jumped on at lunchtime and the bent gouges that had evaporated from my wish list were back down to the old website prices so I went ahead and ordered them. The new site is still clunky and takes way too many clicks to navigate. I miss the old hierarchy of categories. Sigh... I'll adapt.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Here's some good news.....

    I jumped on at lunchtime and the bent gouges that had evaporated from my wish list were back down to the old website prices so I went ahead and ordered them. The new site is still clunky and takes way too many clicks to navigate. I miss the old hierarchy of categories. Sigh... I'll adapt.

    My wishlist is still messed up. It has items that I removed awhile ago and some are missing. The shooting board isn't even on the website anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •