Thread: Here is a model truck I made

Blog Entries

Here is a model truck I made

IMG_20191002_214705.jpgIMG_20191002_214645.jpg
    Here is a truck I built. The tires are walnut, the body and fenders are mahogony, the roof is teak and the sidewalls and wheels are southern yellow pine.
    I have been making a lot of models lately and it was interesting to see in the latest issue of Woodsmith that the cover showed a model of a steam locomotive to make. I think that may be the first model project they have shown in their magazine.
    Dennis

Well done Dennis. I like projects like this because it gives one an opportunity to use several species of wood. Just for display or will a young one be enjoying it?

I haven't seen the latest issue of Woodsmith but if you can call it a model they had a project about 25 years ago of winter sled, the kind that horses would pull. It was fairly detailed and used some brass parts that needed to be fabricated. This was my first project that used bent lamination (for the rails). I made several of them for gifts.

Well done Sir! A lot of skill in making that truck with appropriate results!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Beautiful work!
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

That is gorgeous. The attention to detail is amazing.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ziebron View Post
    Well done Dennis. I like projects like this because it gives one an opportunity to use several species of wood. Just for display or will a young one be enjoying it?

I haven't seen the latest issue of Woodsmith but if you can call it a model they had a project about 25 years ago of winter sled, the kind that horses would pull. It was fairly detailed and used some brass parts that needed to be fabricated. This was my first project that used bent lamination (for the rails). I made several of them for gifts.
    John
    Thanks for the kind words. ( I would say compliment but I never know how to spell it, compliment or complement, I think it's the former but I am never sure)
    As you can see from this picture I have made many toys for my grandson. ( this shows a few of them) This is more a model for display.
    Although when my grandson was here yesterday he did have his eyes on it☺
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dennis

Bee's knees is the first thought I had. Excellent work. What are the overall dimensions, if you do not mind my asking? Thanks for sharing!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    Bee's knees is the first thought I had. Excellent work. What are the overall dimensions, if you do not mind my asking? Thanks for sharing!
    This truck is a 1920 Ford Depot Hack which was used to transport passengers and luggage to and from train stations. It is 13" long, 6" wide, 7" high. I'm now working on the trailer that attaches to it for the luggage.
    Dennis

Very nice, Dennis! I’ll bet that grandson of yours will have more than his eye on that soon.

That is so well done! Thanks for sharing