Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newton E30 edge sander

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I have moved stuff that weighs 6k pounds by myself with no forklift, only simple tools.

I have pushed 10k pound machines through buildings with no forklift.

Levers, fulcrum, rollers. Simple stuff.
    Over the years I have been lucky enough to have been involved in a few house lifting & moving operations, some heavy overhead rigging operations, and rigged few machines overhead solo. Agreed that is is simple & basic stuff along with basic fundamental safety procedures, knowing & understanding balance points, etc. But, if one does not know how & is not comfortable moving a load, even a 900 load, IMHO, they are wise & prudent not to attempt it. Far lesser loads handled improperly can cause serious injury & damage. A machine will not by much use to the purchaser if an injury obtaining it prevents them from being able to use & enjoy it.

Man, it sounds like a couple of you boys ought to be buildin' pyramids, instead of doin' woodworking.
    I'm impressed! (I'm also a wise guy and I just couldn't resist. )

Have a good one!
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 10-13-2019 at 5:15 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

At the end of some days, I do feel as if I had been dragging around pyramid sized stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Charles View Post
    Over the years I have been lucky enough to have been involved in a few house lifting & moving operations, some heavy overhead rigging operations, and rigged few machines overhead solo. Agreed that is is simple & basic stuff along with basic fundamental safety procedures, knowing & understanding balance points, etc. But, if one does not know how & is not comfortable moving a load, even a 900 load, IMHO, they are wise & prudent not to attempt it. Far lesser loads handled improperly can cause serious injury & damage. A machine will not by much use to the purchaser if an injury obtaining it prevents them from being able to use & enjoy it.
    You can't go through life being scared to try something different

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    You can't go through life being scared to try something different
    Yes, But, I am old enough & wise enough to know that some people should not attempt things that they are not comfortable with. Some are naturals at somethings. Others are not. Some rise to the challenge & others let the unknown doom them to failure. What's the paraphrase of the Mark Twain quote? Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
    Last edited by Rob Charles; 10-13-2019 at 8:12 PM.