Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something is wrong.........

Thats true but they have some higher end items in both stores too. Like Pfeil chisels, or Japanese rasps, or whiteside router bits, or Festool, or etc. I was surprised to see rockler had a large collection of two cherries chisels in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    I usually fail to buy anything in those stores because most things seem to be made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    I walked around in both Rockler and Woodcraft and didn’t end up buying anything. Not sure if that means I’ve reached a point of tool saturation, or if I’m just fixated on items they didn’t have.............. but regardless, it’s Unprecedented. LOL

sorry, just felt like I needed to boast that I made it through both with my wallet intact.
    Ha Greg, that's funny.

We all get to that stage........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Ha Greg, that's funny.

We all get to that stage........Rod.
    Yeah we do. Every time LV has free shipping, I get excited. Then I go look at my wish list and realize that there's little I dont already have. Sigh. Truly a sad state of affairs.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cherry View Post
    Jim, MLCS carries some of the more popular GF finishes. Closer that Allentown, especially for you.
    I didn't know that...'haven't been there in many years. I'll have to check it out when I have a copious free moment. Speaking of field trips, Hearne open house is Friday/Saturday. Do you want to go?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I walked around in both Rockler and Woodcraft and didn’t end up buying anything. Not sure if that means I’ve reached a point of tool saturation, or if I’m just fixated on items they didn’t have.............. but regardless, it’s Unprecedented. LOL

sorry, just felt like I needed to boast that I made it through both with my wallet intact.
    Greg, I think you’re in need of therapy. So to help out, I will send you a list of things I need and you can go buy them. Take them home, touch them, look at them and them box them up and ship them to me. I’ll pay for shipping! Lol!

I share your experience

I can understand you... I am at the same boat... sometimes.

I think you hit the nail head with your own justification for a reason.

No worries... we have a lot of fun waiting for us using our already owned stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Dyas View Post
    I usually fail to buy anything in those stores due to sticker shock.

No kidding; woodworking has turned into a rich guy hobby! The price of hardwood in those places has got to be illegal.
    Where did I put those band aids?

C'mon up here.... we can help you with that....

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    C'mon up here.... we can help you with that....

Cheers -

Rob
    Trust me...I'd visit one of your stores regularly if there was one nearby simply because your organization is such a class act and what I do buy from you is always top quality.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...