Thread: Is it worth it?: Used 2014 Laguna Swift 4x8

Is it worth it?: Used 2014 Laguna Swift 4x8

Looking at buying a used Laguna Swift 4x8 locally. It's about 5 years old, single owner, around 3500 hours. They said they used it about 10hrs/a week over it's lifespan so far. I talked them down to 6k, although I'd still have to buy software.

Is this a good deal? What's the lifespan on these? Should I worry about future expenses with replacing parts? I won't use it a ton, but it will be nice to have, and it seems like a good price when a new one goes for almost 20k+.

Thanks!

Photo Oct 01, 12 55 53 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 01, 12 56 02 PM.jpg

$6K for a 4x8 is pretty compelling, especially considering you can likely do some upgrades to bring it to "contemporary standards" from an electronics standpoint if you want to at some point. Talk with Gary Campbell about that if you get the itch...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Depends on what components it has but even then they are old. IMO, Laguna over prices them by quite a bit for it to be a rebranded Chinese machine. I bought my 4X8 new for $200 more than the 6K you talked him down to and it probably has much newer components than one did 5 years ago. The company I bought from, for 20K you got A much higher Kw ATC spindle, vacuum table, something like 10 tool tool changer, dust collector, vacuum pump, a 3 phase converter, Servos I believe and more.

Around here it seems hard to sell a 4X8 because most don't have the room so I see them posted on craigslist and they seem to stay listed forever.

Thanks for the replies, you guys echoed the feeling I had inside. I ended up not purchasing it. Bobby, can I ask where you purchased your CNC from? 6k for a new 4x8 would interest me a lot more than a 5 year old Laguna for the same price.

https://acctekusa.com/#pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Lang View Post
    Thanks for the replies, you guys echoed the feeling I had inside. I ended up not purchasing it. Bobby, can I ask where you purchased your CNC from? 6k for a new 4x8 would interest me a lot more than a 5 year old Laguna for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post

That is the one. If you want to hear what I found to be the Pros and Cons on the machine feel free to contact me. Many things I like and a couple that I didn't like on the machine. I've had it for about 1 year and have been very happy with it overall.

Bobby,

I would definitely like to hear about your experience with Acctek. How do I contact you? I'm rather new to the site!

Stewart, I replied to your email so check spam if it isn't in inbox