Thread: Parts for a "Made in England" 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise?

Parts for a "Made in England" 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise?

I have an old Record 52 1/2 D vise that is missing the sliding dog and parts related to the lever on the front of the vise. Will parts from the new 52 1/2D vise fit the older "Made in England" vise?
    Thanks.

Gilbert
    Last edited by Gilbert Vega; 10-01-2019 at 3:02 AM.

Record is out of business Is it a wood or metal type? For some reason I do not have model numbers of all shop tools memorized.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 10-01-2019 at 9:27 AM.

The Record 52 1/2 D is a woodworking vise. Made in England probably 20+ years ago.

Gilbert I have a couple of these vises you are talking about. I was not aware that there is a new one' out there',is the design the same ? I would guess if it is there would be a high probability that the new parts could work. Can you purchase parts ?

I've attach pic from Amazon. Looks like dog may work. Don't know if they will sell parts.

Mike, do you have a vise you are parting out?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

No I have a spare that is all good. If I was parting out I would help though.

Hi Gilbert.
    I have a vice like that--9"er but not sure of mode #.
    The dog in front is just a piece of steel with a thumb screw threaded into it inline with the slot.
    Try a piece of mesquite from your backyard as a replacement. Bet it will work just fine.
    Send a pic of the front of the vice so we can see missing parts. Likely the lever arm used for the quick open
    release mechanism.

Here's a couple pics of the front and it's backside. See if you have the parts needed.

If someone has the same vise, can you take a close up pic of the front and back of the quick release knob as well as a close up of the sliding dog. Thanks

Anyone know what year this model was made?
    Last edited by Gilbert Vega; 10-03-2019 at 8:49 PM.

Here are the images you requested. The most complicated part is the rod that passes through the front jaw and connects the quick release lever the flat bar. It has a slot cut into its end to accept the bar and looks as if it might sit inside some sort of bushing or spacer where it goes though the casting.3B2B0B10-377F-4A3E-8D5A-5F57B0F0D14C.jpgF4242905-A63E-4C51-81A4-352C04FB3036.jpgC378A482-F483-4FCE-8103-492140D90B24.jpg

Thanks David. This helps a lot.
    Gilbert

New revelation: I was talking to the guy I originally got the vise from and he says he has found a box that has the missing parts!! So one problem solved. Thanks to all of you that responded and sent pics.

1. What paint color closely matches the original blue paint.
    2. Does anyone have a source for the "GENUINE RECORD MADE IN ENGLAND" decal on the face plate.
    3. I've noticed several casting numbers on the vise. " 13M4", a stamped "65". Any idea what they represent.

Thanks

David Stone, can you send me a pic of the front decal on your vise? I see a couple of partials in the pics you uh sent me but I need a complete image of the decal so I can reproduce as a decal. (I hope). Thanks again.

Thanks. Good pic.