Thread: Dewalt DW705 Clamps?

Dewalt DW705 Clamps?

I have a DW705 miter saw. Ive used it for years and years and still working great. Occasionally I need to clamp on the base and its very awkward to reach under and around with clamps.
    Are there accessory clamps available that will work with this saw? The holes in the saw base are there for clamps but the saw is so old I cant find any. MAybe there is a generic or other clamp you know of? THanks!

Are you talking about clamping the saw itself down or clamping your work piece down? If you are clamping your work piece, this clamp should work:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/401041810546

I have the DW 715 and that is the clamp that works on it. I was being a cheap skate and built my own out of scrap I had lying around. Doesn't work as smoothly as the Dewalt clamps, but gets me by.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

I have one that came with my 705 when I bought it used some 9 years ago, it goes in the hole and clamps against the fence. It's very handy and I use it mainly to set up a stop block for repetitive cutting of small parts to identical sizes. I am not sure if that is what you want, or if it is where to find one now.
    Zach

I have two of the Dewalt hold down clamps for my miter saw, and though they work, they are a pain to use with all the spinning to lock and unlock them. I ended up splurging and buying one of the Festool clamps, and it is a night and day difference. The Festool clamp is so much easier to position, lock and unlock. I may get another one so I have one on each side, but at $84 each I will wait a bit.

yea thats pricey. do you know the model number?

The model number I found is 494391. Looks like most places list it at $90 now.

great thankyou. that clamp costs 1/2 as much as the value of the saw. LOL. I think ill muddle through as is and perhaps make a jig or 2 as needed. Thanks again