Thread: Dewalt MBF(2) and GW1 (2)

Dewalt MBF(2) and GW1 (2)

Question for the masses. My sister bought a house and had a 56 dewalt ras in her garage that she gave me. Once I got it home I started reading all I could. It turned into a disease lol cause now I have 4 of them. 2 MBFs and 2 GW1s. Heres my dilemma. I never refinished the saw she gave me and I'm nowhere close to finishing. I still have 3 others waiting in the wings. I'm having major shoulder surgery in 30 days and they take up so much room. Should I just dump them? Or should I take a stab in the classified section. Any direction would be appreciate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tommy Morreale; 09-27-2019 at 1:12 AM.

Don’t dump them, as in take them to the dump! Any arm collector worth his salt would know that!!

It sounds like you don’t have a lot of room, so keep the biggest and best condition one. Sell the other ones for cheap. If the one that is disassembled there’s one you would sell, you can probably part it out and make a lot more money than selling it complete locally. put the parts for sale on eBay or OWWM.

I have an old Dewalt that has followed me through three shop moves in the last 5 years. They aren't the easiest thing to move, but it is worth it. With a good RAS you don't need a sled for your cabinet saw as these beasts have a generous crosscut capacity. That feature alone should make them more popular than they are. Don't dump, rehome. Us RAS guys are out there. Where are you located, might be one of us close by?

Sorry bad choice of words, lol when I meant dump I was referring to a quick low ball sale. I know theres a hugh following, that's how I got into them. But I dont want to sit on something forever lol. I'm near the wisc/I'll border. The people around here are asking crazy amounts of money. Theres a saw on facebook market place, it think it's a GE model and their asking 1000????? Lol

Were are you located as someone here may have an interest?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I'm in Illinois near Wisc/I'll border. I was going to list the saws in the classifieds but I don't have enough posts to do it

Not sure how many posts I have to go until I can list them?.......

Sorry just read why lol. Have to be a contributor.
    Last edited by Tommy Morreale; 09-30-2019 at 3:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Morreale View Post
    Not sure how many posts I have to go until I can list them?.......

Sorry just read why lol. Have to be a contributor.
    The stuff i've bought in the classifieds here have made the minimum contributor fee rank among the best deals in my life. Throw in the regular content...and it's an unparalleled investment. Happy to help keep the lights on. (plus i want to see what you want to sell--i'm addicted to DeWalt RAS!!)
    earl