Thread: WoodRiver diamond stone reviews?

WoodRiver diamond stone reviews?

(Hope this is the right forum)

My local Woodcraft has this on sale:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/w...-diamond-stone

for $20, which seems quite cheap. Have any of you used this one before? I don't own a diamond stone yet. I can't find any reviews online that aren't trying to sell it.

This one and the M-Power stuff is on sale this month, and I'm trying to decide between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    ... for $20, which seems quite cheap. ...
    I've never used them or seen a review. The website says $80 and that would roughly be the going rate for a decent diamond plate like that. At 75% off, I'm left suspicious. Did you ask the local guys why it's on sale? (If they just want to free the shelf space it might be a great deal, if they are tired of getting defective ones back....)

Blog Entries
    I will mention that my DMT 'stones' are going strong while every diamond product I have had from EZ-Lap has worn out rather quickly. I think products like these may be where part of the diamond stone stigma comes from. My 600 grit DMT is over 12 years old. Granted it is just little ole me using them but, I do keep things promptly sharpened in my shop. That is, they have not been baby'd.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    I've never used them or seen a review. The website says $80 and that would roughly be the going rate for a decent diamond plate like that. At 75% off, I'm left suspicious. Did you ask the local guys why it's on sale? (If they just want to free the shelf space it might be a great deal, if they are tired of getting defective ones back....)
    I got it in their monthly sale email.

I noticed it's a plastic block, which seems cheap to me but I do have a surface plate already. For $80 you can get a metal one that looks a lot nicer, and like you said 75% off seems like they're trying to get rid of them, which is why I'm asking.