Thread: Fein Vacuum Parts

Fein Vacuum Parts

I am looking for advice on replacement part for an old Fein vacuum. The model number is: 9-11-20.
    I need the plastic flange and nut that holds on the filter. Unfortunately,
    I have not been successful in locating. It appears Fein had someone make this particular model and that company has since gone out of business. Does anyone have advice on a source for these parts. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jack dempsey View Post
    I am looking for advice on replacement part for an old Fein vacuum. The model number is: 9-11-20.
    I need the plastic flange and nut that holds on the filter. Unfortunately,
    I have not been successful in locating. It appears Fein had someone make this particular model and that company has since gone out of business. Does anyone have advice on a source for these parts. Thanks
    The best source I know of for this sort of thing is:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/fe...63_288704.html

Many parts are "discontinued". You may be out of luck. You could try making something out of sheet metal with a hammer and a pair of snips. Nobody will mind.

Blog Entries
    Looking at my Fein vac, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make a new locking knob and locking pin from a 5/15 bolt and some wood. The tip of the locking pin is simply a 5/16" diameter shaft with a 1/16" diameter cross piece about 1/4" from the tip, that fits into the slot on the bracket inside the filter. The bottom fiilter panel could easily be made of 1/8" plywood.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee,
    Thanks for the idea. I will take a look and keep that in mind. What do you mean when you suggest a 5/15 bolt?
    Thanks,
    Jack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jack dempsey View Post
    Lee,
    Thanks for the idea. I will take a look and keep that in mind. What do you mean when you suggest a 5/15 bolt?
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Should be 5/16"

I have a Gore Cleanstream filter "Sears Red stripe" on my Fein Turbo II. It's friction fit so doesn't need the knob mechanism.

https://www.gore.com/products/cleans...vacuum-filters

I think this is the one that fits:

https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Gor.../dp/B00006FRJS
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 09-28-2019 at 8:21 AM.

Curt,
    Thanks for the information, I will look into this. This is an old Fein but it works so well and is very quiet I hate to let it go. Jack