Thread: Can't Send PMs?

Can't Send PMs?

I have replied to several PMs today. Yet my "Sent" folder is empty.
    This possibly means all the PMs I've replied to over the last few months went nowhere?

Any way to tell if my messages actually went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    I have replied to several PMs today. Yet my "Sent" folder is empty.
    This possibly means all the PMs I've replied to over the last few months went nowhere?

Any way to tell if my messages actually went through.
    I don't know how to check to see if past messages have been sent.

Do you have the option set to save a copy of your "Sent" messages?
    Settings/General/Private Messages, Sent Private Messages: "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

JKJ

Could it be that members who aren't contributors can't send private messages?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Could it be that members who aren't contributors can't send private messages?
    OP is a contributor. Perhaps he was answering older PMs from folks who no longer have PM access, but that's speculation on my part. I agree with John that first step should be to check the settings. If they are set to save the sent items, then perhaps Keith or Aaron will need to take a look at the OP's account.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

One way to find out is to send me a pm and I’ll answer as soon as possible. Should be within a couple hours of when you send it.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Blog Entries
    I sent him a pm this morning asking him to send me a pm and haven't heard anything. I also suggested that he insure he is actually logged in.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Here is a screenshot of my "sent" folder. Seems to be empty. Yet, it does look like someone did get my reply. When is the forum getting the software update?

When I send PMs I have to choose the option to save a copy in my sent folder or or I don't have any record of the PM. I expect this is OP's issue and the forum's PM function is working as configured.

Blog Entries
    Looking at his settings, he has his settings set to receive PMs from anyone but does not save sent messages.
    profile.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post

Here is a screenshot of my "sent" folder. Seems to be empty. Yet, it does look like someone did get my reply. When is the forum getting the software update?
    Can't see the picture you tried to post......are you sure your contributor status hasn't expired?

Erich,

I changed your PM service to save sent messages and then sent you a test message. Please repond to my massage so I know your message service is working.

This morning the setting I changed was reversed, sent messages were not being saved in your folder. I change it again to save messages in your sent messages folder.