Thread: Antique and used dealers

Antique and used dealers

I’ll be going through Charleston WV from Indianapolis next weekend on the way to a resort. Any dealers in planes or chisels in the area? Will be on no real schedule, and would love to browse for stuff

IF you will be traveling on I-80, there are several big antique malls just east of Dayton, Ohio, if I recall correctly. You will see the signs before you get there. Plan on spending several hours to see them all.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

I think Bob may be referring to The Heart of Ohio Antique Center right off of I-70 just east of Springfield Ohio. The Heart of Ohio Antique Center is on the north side of I-70. There are another two an exit or two further west on the south side of I-70. The Heart of Ohio Antique Center is by far the biggest of the three, probably the largest I have ever been to.

There is one booth at Heart of Ohio that is stacked floor to ceiling with hand tools, many mechanics and machinery tools along with woodworking tools. Not all antiques, but a decent selection. There used to also be a single case elsewhere in H of A that had a decent selection of hand plane, I can’t recall if I saw it during my last visit. Prices are generally fair from these two vendors but are on the high side if you’re accustom to flea-market and auction prices. Of course there are other tools elsewhere throughout H of A, but those are the two spots I try to hit every time I’m there.

Have fun on your trip and let us know if you find anything.

Thanks for the input. I think we’ll try to check that out. Any success will be updated

That stall they referred to...is a corner stall....I think either in room 5 or 6....There is also a large cabinet with glass doors (locked) right where you enter the stall....was there a year ago...case had 3 Stanley 45s just laying in a pile of other tools...you have to ask to have the doors unlocked. And, they will stand there while you look/dig through it....
    Exit US 40 East side of Springfield, OH on I-70....place will be on the south side of rt 40....and the road is a divided 4 lane...keep your eyes peeled.