Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: looking for dongle? Ray Fine 50w Fiber

  1. #1

    looking for dongle? Ray Fine 50w Fiber

    Got the Ray Fine 50w fiber in, unboxed and 'set up'. Tried to open the software and no matter what i do it tells me it cant find the dongle and can only open in demo mode. I have a email in to Ray Fine but its only been today and so far no response. I've tried opening the software after turning on the machine with the USB plugged in and every configuration I can find. I'm sure it is operator error, but I cant figure out how to get it to work. What am I missing?

  2. #2
    Did you install the driver that came on the usb thumb drive? I just got a Rayfine 30w today.

  3. #3
    Im not sure how, It didn't say to.

  4. #4
    Well went to you tube and saw 'how'. When i search for the driver in the file on the USB that came with the machine it cant find it.

  5. #5
    I'm an idiot.

    Long story short, the driver files on the USB they sent wouldnt work. On a whim I put the all Chinese DVD in the drive and let the machine search there. That worked. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust settings.

  6. #6
    Yeah they were not clear at all as to installing drivers... On the thumb drive there should be a file ..driver\USBdriver\X64AMD_LmcV2u That file is for the 64bit drivers... There are also 2 other folders for 32bit drivers. I think....

    Also on the thumb drive there should be a folder for whatever Lens you ordered. In that folder they will have Ezcad.exe all set up and ready for each of your lens.

    Jeff

  7. #7
    My 2 ebay machines came with version 2.14.10, with everything on a thumb drive-- actually now that I think about it, the 2nd machine didn't come with anything!

    But it didn't matter, same drive files worked on both machines. And I don't remember even loading a dongle driver--? And it was only about a month ago I put my turd HP win10 laptop into service, and all I did was copy the Ezcad folder from the XP running the other ebay machine thru my network. Fired it up and it worked... IF I remember correctly! -too many things to remember these days so I'm not absolutely certain.

    The thumb drive is pretty cool because you can plug it into ANY computer and run the laser with it directly from the stick. (none of it goes into the Windows registry, simple plug n play)

    My Triumph has a USB dongle, THAT needs the 'dog driver' loaded to work. But these days the dongle is onboard the machines control card, and just starting the machine then loading the program is all that's needed... I think

    >edit< -- just went thru every file on the thumbdrive, there is no dongle driver file anywhere. If there is one, it's likely embedded within on of the setup files and just runs every time the program is started... ?
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 09-21-2019 at 6:30 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    My 2 ebay machines came with version 2.14.10, with everything on a thumb drive-- actually now that I think about it, the 2nd machine didn't come with anything!
    .........
    Mine came with 2.14.10 I did see that they have 2.14.11 on their website available for download. I have both on the computer and haven't seen a difference yet.

    I am having trouble....I can either set the laser power and freq on the right side of the screen, but if I try to set up the hatch it opens another menu and they don't seem to overlap. From what I see it is either one or the other. Not sure how to make them both work.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    NASA Clear Lake City (Houston), Texas
    Posts
    18
    The controller in the laser is the dongle.
    When not powered up it puts you in "demo" mode.

  10. #10
    Not sure what you mean by 'overlap'?

    Power and freq settings are color specific, hatching is 'cutting method' specific; totally independent of each other in the setup...

    for every color you're using in your cut routines, the machine will use the default settings of that color (which you can change) unless you manually change them. The hatch menu doesn't care what those settings are

    Example, for most black anodized I run a 45 BLACK cross-hatch @ .05mm spacing, using my default power settings, which are 1500 speed 100 power 35 freq, and my 2nd hatch I run a 90 BLUE single hatch @ .04 spacing, using my 'cleanup' setting, which is 2500 speed, 60 power, 60 freq, this usually makes the engraving whiter. Hatch 3 is disabled in this case...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Read the manual, and if you want better english, do a search on line for Tykma lasers. They have a manual that explains things a bit better and there may still be a group of youtube videos.
    Their software is altered version of EzCad, so ignore some of the videos of using it to design stuff. Just the laser 'operation' and power/hatch use. (most complicated thing about understanding the software)
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser
    Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws

    RIA 22TCM 1911s

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'overlap'?

    Power and freq settings are color specific, hatching is 'cutting method' specific; totally independent of each other in the setup...

    for every color you're using in your cut routines, the machine will use the default settings of that color (which you can change) unless you manually change them. The hatch menu doesn't care what those settings are

    Example, for most black anodized I run a 45 BLACK cross-hatch @ .05mm spacing, using my default power settings, which are 1500 speed 100 power 35 freq, and my 2nd hatch I run a 90 BLUE single hatch @ .04 spacing, using my 'cleanup' setting, which is 2500 speed, 60 power, 60 freq, this usually makes the engraving whiter. Hatch 3 is disabled in this case...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Read the manual, and if you want better english, do a search on line for Tykma lasers. They have a manual that explains things a bit better and there may still be a group of youtube videos.
    Their software is altered version of EzCad, so ignore some of the videos of using it to design stuff. Just the laser 'operation' and power/hatch use. (most complicated thing about understanding the software)

    I've learned an awful lot in the last couple days. Kev what I meant by 'overlap' was understanding how the hatch settings relate to the pen settings, specifically the loop numbers. John, the manual that came with the machine was maybe a 3 out of 10 for usefulness.

    I was able to find a guy on You Tube that really helped. Not sure what the policy of linking videos here is so I wont unless someone says it's OK. Basically found a video explaining the hatch settings and using them. Now I get it. I did call Ray Fine and ask for some help with settings, and they sent me some paperwork that basically looks like the Tykma booklet.

    Still learning

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah, but it is 10 times better than the RDworks manual
    It helps when you have the laser, work through it to understand..... And as I've said 10 times before, get you some scrap material to work with and just spend hours working through changing things.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser
    Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws

    RIA 22TCM 1911s

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Yeah, but it is 10 times better than the RDworks manual
    It helps when you have the laser, work through it to understand..... And as I've said 10 times before, get you some scrap material to work with and just spend hours working through changing things.
    Yes sir, I have a whole pile of small pieces on the table with various marks so far.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Yeah, but it is 10 times better than the RDworks manual
    It helps when you have the laser, work through it to understand..... And as I've said 10 times before, get you some scrap material to work with and just spend hours working through changing things.
    Yes sir, I have a whole pile of small pieces on the table with various marks so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •