Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite Brand of Router Bits?

Along with Whitesded and Amana, I run the non-import Eagle-America bits.

I'm impressed with the Yonico bits available at Amazon.
    1/3 the price.
    Lots of uncommon profiles.

Lee Valley all the way for me.

Whiteside on routers and table. CNC has been using Amana, I really like whiteside and have had no problems since I bought my first 8 years ago. but they dont offer as many options for cnc bits so I switched to amana for them

Pat, since you are in PA I would use Tools Today. They have a 10% off for first time buyers but the code always works so you can get 10% off all the time. If you order more than $50 worth it's free shipping. Everything I order gets to my house in 2 days so the free shipping isn't slow shipping. Because of this I'm almost exclusively Amana now. No connection to the company, just no complaints about their service. If they also sold Whiteside or CMT I would most likely be choosing between the 3 brands.

I have bought some MLCS bits and they are fine for bits that I don't think I'm going to be using a lot. But the last few times I ordered they screwed up the order. Nothing worse that planning on doing something on the weekend only to find out the bits you ordered the Monday before are wrong when they show up on Friday. So I'm waiting for post COVID to buy from them again in hopes that they can sort out their warehouse issues.

I've bought a lot of Amana tooling via ToolsToday and agree with Alex that they are a good source for that brand.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I've bought a lot of Amana tooling via ToolsToday and agree with Alex that they are a good source for that brand.
    Also If you didnt notice you accrue points for cash back. I didnt notice until there was enough for a free $50 bit

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Also If you didnt notice you accrue points for cash back. I didnt notice until there was enough for a free $50 bit
    Yup. True dat! I use Amana and Whiteside for the "important" tooling where I want the best and/or want insert type cutters. But I'll be honest that when I need simple endmills, I buy generics and for simple form tools that don't get used a lot, it's Yonico.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...