Thread: Delta Unisaw

Delta Unisaw

Hi everyone Barry Davis here. I'm new to this site. I recently rebuilt my old Unisaw with a new arbor, pully, belts and bearings. Best I can tell this is a late 40's early 50's saw. I have just discovered I left the wave washer off of the arbor. My question do I need to dissemble the arbor again and add the wave washer or is it ok to run the saw without the washer? The saw runs fine now. I can stand a nickel on edge and turn the saw on and the nickle will just stand there. I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question.

Not sure that the arbor is where I would want to be deleting parts. I would say for your peace of mind every time you turn it on that you would want all parts properly placed.

Thanks Jack. That is what has been going through my mind. I think I will just go back and install the washer. Not that big of a deal to take apart.

I think anytime I make a mistake of any kind it is best to go back and fix it as soon as I realize it.

Then I can delete it from my brain.

Thank you Bradley. I'm going to go back and put the washer in. Don't want to have to replace the bearings down the road due to being careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Davis View Post
    Thank you Bradley. I'm going to go back and put the washer in. Don't want to have to replace the bearings down the road due to being careless.
    I can't see you regretting that path Barry. Please share pics of your Unisaw after you get it back together and welcome to the club! You didn't mention the age of your saw but if it's old and if you haven't discovered the OWWM (Old Woodworking Machines) website you definitely need to check it out.