Thread: Creeker visit from Down Under!

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.

Creeker visit from Down Under!

creeker visit australia.jpg
    Richard Casey, an Aussie, showed up at my shop unexpectedly yesterday. This is his annual US "tour" and he's looking for some interesting American bowl blanks to take home, so I sent him to The Board Hoarder in Kirkland.

(Now let's see if I can figure out how to post the visit selfie we took. Postscript: Am I the only one who is unable to upload photos using a smart phone?)
    Last edited by Russell Neyman; 09-18-2019 at 4:45 PM.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Neyman View Post
    Richard Casey, an Aussie, showed up at my shop unexpectedly yesterday. ...
    Richard's a great guy, entertaining and generous! He stopped in to visit me and the llamas in TN a couple of years ago when looping through the eastern US. I'm the one with a visible need for a haircut.

Richard_Casey_IMG_20171031_110412_038.jpg

(BTW, the way I like to post a pic from my phone is first email it to myself then save it and post it from my laptop.)

JKJ

Well guys, sadly after being awake for 36 hours we are back home. I really wish I could have had more time with Russell, but I had SWMBO on this trip. Steve the board hoarder, filled my suitcase with wonderfully figured Maple. JKJ, really sorry we did not get to see you this trip.
    Thanks,
    Kindest regards,
    Richard.
    Last edited by Richard Casey; 09-23-2019 at 6:25 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    (BTW, the way I like to post a pic from my phone is first email it to myself then save it and post it from my laptop.)

JKJ
    I find Android phones pretty easy, USB cable from phone to PC, let the phone connect to the PC and find the directory on the phone containing the picture. Don't know much about iThings.