Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's this about?

What's this about?

Just noticed this in the forum notes.

Users Browsing this Forum

There are currently 453 users browsing this forum. (23 members & 430 guests)

Are there really that many lurkers out there or are these robots, or ...?

Blog Entries
    I would say most of us were guests and then when we realized the advantage of being a member, became a member.

Blog Entries
    What advantage?

I think Lowell means becoming a contributor. Contributors can PM, post in classifieds, probably a few other major things I’m forgetting, and most importantly help fund this great forum so it stays alive. .

Maybe if you are not logged in, you are listed as a 'guest'.

I often peruse without logging in...

Blog Entries
    I enjoy contributing to the forum, but don't think I should pay as a professional.... been on here a long time...

Seeing pictures is not for lurkers. One of the things that convinced me to contribute

Blog Entries
    It used to be that guests could only read posts but not see any photos or make posts. As you are aware that changed recently to where members could no longer see photos, send or receive either emails or private messages as an attempt to get more people paying for the site since the majority of users, guests and members insist on using ad blockers that killed the revenue stream from the advertising. Now only contributors who pay a minimum of six dollars annually (1.6 cents per day) can view photos, get a larger icon, send emails and private messages to other contributors and use the classified forum to sell excess tools. I don't believe the software breaks down how many contributors or moderators are using the forums at any given time.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I AM a paying member but I never log in unless I plan on posting or really need to look at a picture which is not often. Because the website software cannot tell I am a member when I am not logged In and I am just browsing as a guest, I am tagged a non contributor along with the other "members" that browse this forum as a guest.
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 09-17-2019 at 9:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    I am tagged a disgusting vile loser non contributor along with the other "members" that browse this forum as a guest.
    Rob
    That’s taking it a little far don’t you think Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    since the majority of users, guests and members insist on using ad blockers that killed the revenue stream from the advertising.
    And I am happy to pay for a site that is both useful AND isn't running java script from 50 external sites on every page I click on. I wish more sites were this way. You guys do still have the google tag manager running though, but I block that too

Never heard of any state board recognizing any woodworker as "professional". Too many words getting extra "work loads".

Blog Entries
    Sorry a woodworker payed for his skill..

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    I enjoy contributing to the forum, but don't think I should pay as a professional.... been on here a long time...
    As a professional, what do you build, Jack? I cannot tell from your posts over the past 12 months.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Blog Entries
    I entertained the restaurant industry like OutBack,Chillis,Main Event with custom pieces for their headquarters. Restaurants that wanted one of a kind pieces for their restaurants..As of 3 weeks ago I had surgery and no longer work for this particular company. Will probably go back to cabinets because of dialysis and shorter hours...