Now that I have my DC in place it was time to get serious about the spiral pipe. I placed an order for all the spiral pipe and fittings today with Blast Gate Co. and it should ship out Wednesday. Since my ceiling is at 10 feet I need a way to lift it and hold it in place while I assemble the sections. What I'm thinking of doing rather than renting something heavy duty is to purchase a drywall lift and bolt cradles on the lift made of a couple pieces of plywood with a half circle cut out. I've been looking online, mostly Amazon, and reading reviews and I think I've settled on this lift Unihome Drywall Lift 11' which looks to be the same as this Vosson Drywall Lift 11'

Before I pull the trigger on this idea I want to consult the SMC hive mind whether this is a silly idea or not or is there some other method of lifting and holding Pipe and fittings that some of you here have used?

UnihomeLift.jpg

FYI two guys and two ladders is out of the question for me because my ability to get free help is sporadic at best.