Thread: New Zero Turn Mower

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Funny how everyone’s experiences can be so different. Some seem to despise John Deere I guess but between my Dad and I, we have two 300 series lawn tractors (dealer models, not big box store models), a 700 series zero turn, a 5045 tractor with implements and a two seat gator and other than blades and oil changes never a problem. We’ve also worn out two more 300 series tractors with only the oil and blades mentioned. We live in different cities and both of our dealers have been outstanding. My dealer is an Ag Pro location and I think his is actually a John Deere franchise store maybe. Anyway, it’s the one brand I wouldn’t worry about the local dealer closing, especially if you live in an agricultural part of the country. Our prior tractor was a Massey Furgeson 231S though and the lift leaked and we struggled to get parts for that sucker. Lack of dealer and/or manufacturer support.

As far as equipment itself though, I’m sure any of the commercial grade machines would be great as long as you have dependable dealer support available. My yard is small and Gravely makes a 36” deck zero turn that I may look at when my current Deere wears out, but I’ve only got 55 hours on it so it will be a while.
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 09-17-2019 at 9:30 AM.