We camped at Tomlinson Run State Park in West Virginia starting Wednesday (9/11) evening. Thursday morning I took our dog Rudy for a walk and as we were walking we noticed two people from the campsite right next to us watching the roll off type 30 yard dumpster near the camp office. When I spoke with them, they said that they had thrown some trash into the dumpster an hear a lot of scratching noise. When they peaked over the side, they say 6 raccoons that were trapped in the almost empty dumpster. The man located a stout branch and had placed it over the side of the dumpster and all but one last raccoon had climbed out. As I watch the last one came up over the side and headed into the woods. The man left the branch in the corner of the dumpster and we went about our day.

Then Friday, Rudy and I were making the same walk and when I tossed a bag into the dumpster I heard a lot of noise. When I peeked over the side, I saw that they had knocked down the branch from the day before and there looking up were.....
raccoons.jpg

As I looked for another branch to help them escape, the same couple walked by with their dog and couldn't believe there were so many raccoons. We found another branch and pretty soon we had a parade of raccoons up the side, run around the rim to the back an then down and into the woods. There were 11 of them.

The branch was still in place the next morning so there were no raccoons.