Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nonmetallic conduit and direct burial

I used a similar conduit three decades ago both into concrete as well buried into soil. No problems so far.

The NEC says you can not assemble conduit with wire inside. The conduit has to be fully assembled and installed then the wire can be pulled. Wonder how many homeowners do it the hard way? i did not do it that way for the supply to my shop.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    The NEC says you can not assemble conduit with wire inside. The conduit has to be fully assembled and installed then the wire can be pulled. Wonder how many homeowners do it the hard way? i did not do it that way for the supply to my shop.
    Bill D
    ...it is the same from our local codes but I cannot find (in our local codes) anything forbidding to include a wire guide in the conduit previously and after it is installed to use a such guide to pull the actual electric cables.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    ...it is the same from our local codes but I cannot find (in our local codes) anything forbidding to include a wire guide in the conduit previously and after it is installed to use a such guide to pull the actual electric cables.
    Many do it that way on long runs, especially if you have a few elbows.

They just don’t want the pvc solvent/cement to have any chance at all to react with the conductors’ polyvinyl insulation.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.