Thread: Delta T-Square Fence Systems

Delta T-Square Fence Systems

I received an extremely generous $500 Home Depot gift card from an executive as a bonus for going above and beyond. I’m really thinking about using it to put a Delta T-Square (Beisemeyer) fence on my Ridgid R4512 contractor saw. I know it seems overkill, but considering it would essentially be free to me I am considering it. The saw fits all of my needs with the exception of the rip fence. Eventually I intend to upgrade to a cabinet saw, but that is at least a couple years from being within my budget. In the meantime this would get me a dependable saw/fence to work with.
    Has anyone done this upgrade?
    Would love thoughts and opinions (positive or negative)

Also would like to know for anyone that has either of these fences what the length of the rail is?
    I really only need the 30” right rip capacity, but am considering getting the 50” just in case I decide to tackle something new. The deciding factor is how much of my aisle space the fence will eat up in my relatively small shop.

Having owned saws with a 50'' fence for 25 plus years I would buy the 30'' fence. Smaller foot print and really covers 95% of the cuts you make all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Having owned saws with a 50'' fence for 25 plus years I would buy the 30'' fence. Smaller foot print and really covers 95% of the cuts you make all the time.
    I agree with 30" being adequate. I cut my fence rail at 27" and I've only found it limiting a time or two. I have a saw guide setup for processing sheet goods. I have neither the room nor ability to cut 4 X 8 sheet goods on a table saw. Some people use 52" table saw boards as a work surface. I've never seen the advantage to that over a folding storable work surface but different strokes for different folks.