Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I started and couldn't stop

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Buresh View Post
    I picked up some evapo-rust to try
    Good call. This is all I use now.

Rob,

It has the old Bailey markings on it so I am assuming it's from the early 1900's.

Steven,

Yes! I have been reading and looking at all the pictures of your rehab! Great job by the way. I will be relying on it when I get the courage to start. The guy just had it sitting in hIs shed for a bunch of years, and it really isn't in bad shape. It is missing the dogs that hold the wood against the fence and the bars that go underneath for a stop block, but most everything else looks like it is there except for one spring that cushions the saw as it drops. Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement spring. For the price, I feel I got a good deal.

Ya had a good day.....
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Buresh View Post
    Rob,

It has the old Bailey markings on it so I am assuming it's from the early 1900's.
    Yup. I had one. Actually several. from different eras. I used to have a #80 problem . I sold them all off except for one super clean Sweetheart era version.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Rob,

My new blade actually came in the mail last night. I have learned real fast that these are not an easy tool to set up.
    I have some experience sharpening card scrapers, but by no means am I an expert. I sharpened the blade at a 45 and got what I thought was a decent burr but I got less than satisfactory results. I will keep trying and I'm sure I get the hang of it.

This can become habit-forming..