Thread: another newb build...

another newb build...

Hi,

I know nothing at all about instrument building, but I like woodworking in general and I decided to give it a shot.

My end game is to build myself an acoustic guitar, but after researching for while, it still looked a little daunting to me so I decided I would try something simpler to begin with, so I started a ukulele build. Turns out building a ukulele is not that much simpler than a guitar, it's just a small guitar

But anyway, here is my progress so far:

IMG_1503.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_1502.jpgIMG_0957.jpgIMG_1501.JPGIMG_1212.jpgIMG_1211.jpgIMG_1498.jpg

a few more pics...

IMG_1500.jpgIMG_1213.jpgIMG_1214.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1217.jpg

this is just a practice first build, so nothing fancy, just wood I already had in the shop, mostly maple. It will probably not be the best sounding instrument, but so far, I'm pretty happy with my results!

Looks great, Mathieu! I have built one acoustic guitar and have started on the 2nd but a ukulele is on my bucket list of builds.

David
    David

Nothing to do with woodworking at all, just our music at church (I'm the guy with the Koa Takamine)

Mathieu that looks fabulous! Can’t wait to see it finished.
    “Pay no attention to what you cannot control..” Epictetus, 100 A.D.
    It costs nothing to be kind to others

5. Welcome to the world of lutherie. I am also a newbie, having built only 3 guitars, but finishing up #4 this weekend. I LOVE it. Your work looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.
    https://hartsguitars.com
    "Be yourself. Everybody else is taken." -Oscar Wilde

You're doing a great job on that and Ukes are pretty great instruments.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...