Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting a Grizzly G0442 DC

get 2 https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qu...ist-67144.html use one on each side from double center rafter down to the fan housing
    pick it slow and easy. one side at a time about 3-5" then the other side until high enough.
    keep the hoists around they take up little space and are very handy
    good luck
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Tom that lift crane you pictured is perfect. Not sure if you have sourced dust collection fittings yet,I used spiral pipe purchased locally and got all my fittings from Spiral manufacturing. They were excellent to deal with and had everything I needed . Nice looking shop layout.
    Thanks Mike. I scored a go ahead from IT to borrow the lift and am headed out to go pick it up shortly and then swing by Lowes to pick up a couple of 2x6s for a custom pallet since the forks are not quite long enough. There isn't a supplier for spiral pipe close by so I plan to purchase from blastgateco.com. I'd be interested to know how their prices compare to what you paid locally. Below is my shopping list.

BlastGateCo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    get 2 https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qu...ist-67144.html use one on each side from double center rafter down to the fan housing
    pick it slow and easy. one side at a time about 3-5" then the other side until high enough.
    keep the hoists around they take up little space and are very handy
    good luck
    Ron
    Thanks for this tip. I originally bought the 1 ton one, https://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-...hoist-996.html, which worked well to get the Impeller housing lifted using a couple of HF straps. Now that I scored an OK to borrow the IT Dept. Global Industrial lift I'll keep your advice in mind for future reference.

Update: I picked up the lift from the IT dept at work late yesterday and went by Lowes for two 8' 2x6s. This morning I built a custom pallet which you can see below. This afternoon I had a friend come over to help move the lift in place up the steps and to make sure the cyclone stayed stable while I attached the legs. It couldn't have been easier. The lift worked perfectly! Now I can move on to the filter assembly and the spiral pipe ordering and installation. Thanks for all the suggestions. I got really lucky in being able to borrow this lift. Otherwise I would have had to try one of the alternates discussed here.

Pallet.jpgliftted.jpgLiftedToo.jpglift.jpgAllDone.jpg

I could have used that when I put my cyclone together. You did a great job.

Talk about the perfect tool for the job! You nailed that one!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Almost as good as my Bobcat.